Guten tag (I can't find the exclamation point on this silly German keyboard). I had such a tough time with the French one. Then, by the time I got used to it, we left (insert exclamation).
We are in Lucerne, Switzerland. Apparently it has many spelling variations. The country has four national languages. I barely know four languages exist (not really, come on). I knew this before because my first roommate at Mizzou was a Swiss German. This guy was way out of my league on the roommate scale (he was smart AND clean). The town has only has 90,000 residents. It's kind of like a little Columbia (if CoMO was in the Alps and in Europe).
To get here, though, was an adventure. We spent some 10 hours in the Trafalgar bus to get us here. This included two, that's right, two stops at French rest stops. Let's just say the food is comparable to gas-stations-in-the-middle-of-nowhere in the States. The highlight of the bus trek was when my mom bought waffles and Nutella (don't you wanna be us right now?).
Lucerne is an absolutely gorgeous city on a lake. We toured the lake with our Trafalgar brethren. It's a completely different scene than the last two bustling cities, but it's a nice change of pace. Tonight my mom, Joey, and I went to the casino down the street. The lady told us it was a five-minute walk. Maybe they translate the time here too because that definitely was about 15.
Tomorrow morning Mark, Joey, and I will take a railroad to the top of a mountain. Mom will refinance our house for another time (who knows which mortgage it is now) to buy a nice Swiss watch. Sierrah is a baby (she won't see this post until at least tomorrow). I'll try to check in again tomorrow from Venice. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment